The Autoimmune Society was created by a group of people who have been or continually are being affected by autoimmune diseases. Some of us suffer from one or more disease and some of us are family and friends of those who have a disease. Either way, we felt we had to establish an "autoimmune society" composed of people who could inspire each other and learn how to remain optimistic despite the obstacles the future might bring. We have set our goals high as you can see by reading our mission and objectives. With your support and participation in our society, we hope be able to achieve our goals and help beat these deplorable diseases.
Our mission is to provide help and support for people affected with autoimmune diseases. We will provide an open forum where patients and their families and friends can learn from others how to best cope with the overwhelming day-to-day issues caused by these diseases. The Society will continually promote public awareness of autoimmune issues through a wide range of educational and communication programs. The Autoimmune Society will also use its resources to support health professionals in their quest to improve treatments and find cures for all autoimmune diseases.
What we want to accomplish
Autoimmune diseases are complex, diversified, often time debilitating and little understood. The Autoimmune Society was formed to bring together people around the world who are affected by autoimmune disease to:
- Participate in a common forum so they may share their inspirational stories and learn from others how to cope with their conditions.
- Share new medical information with those who are affected so they may keep abreast of current events in the medical fight against autoimmune diseases.
- Present the newest ideas on diets, treatments, medication, and procedures that might help those affected live better lives.
- Create programs to increase public awareness of the magnitude, diversity and gravity of autoimmune diseases.
- Urge government officials and industry leaders to expand public and private investment in research, educational programs, and support services for autoimmune diseases.
- Raise funds to support the medical researchers who are focusing on cures of the many diseases.
If you'd like to make a donation to help support our mission and objectives, please click here to Donate.